Bruce is a major recurring character on Family Guy, known for his various jobs.
Bruce rarely appeared at all in the first three seasons of the show, but has become a recurring character since the show returned from cancellation.
He first appeared as the clerk of a horror novelty shop in "Chitty Chitty Death Bang". In "The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire" he teaches a CPR course at the Quahog Community Center. His name was first revealed when he appeared as a member of the school board committee of James Woods Regional High School in "No Chris Left Behind". This position was implied when he heard the name change proposal to Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial High School sought by Shauna Parks and Brian Griffin in "Peter's Got Woods".
He is Peter Griffin's lawyer for his trial in the accused murder of his wife Lois in "Stewie Kills Lois". He calls Jeffrey about Stewie in "Lois Kills Stewie", and about Peter's mustache in "McStroke"
In "Baby Not On Board", he is a masseuse.
He debates which groceries to leave behind while in the ten items or less line in "Brian Sings and Swings".
It has been hinted that he may be homosexual throughout the series, such as in "McStroke" when a mustachioed Peter walks by. He has a friend named Jeffrey and in "Road to the North Pole", he declares in "All I Really Want For Christmas" that he wants to marry Jeffrey. Seth MacFarlane confirmed Bruce's homosexuality in an interview with LGBT website The Backlot, citing him as an example of a positive gay character on the show.
In "The Splendid Source" is revealed that he works at the bowling alley, selling rental shoes. He is one of the people to whom the dirty joke is traced. It s revealed he also has a pet rabbit named Steven.
He is an alcoholic, participating in Alcoholics Anonymous meetings Peter attends in "Friends of Peter G".
Bruce can be seen as Stewie rides through town under Brian's car in "Family Guy Viewer Mail No. 2".
The uncensored version of "Ratings Guy" includes a scene of Peter getting a haircut from Bruce, who shaves a misshapen, deformed penis into the back of his head. When Peter questions it, Bruce runs out crying, noting that some people have had an accident.
In the courtroom scene in "The Simpsons Guy", the openly gay Bruce is seated next to the closeted gay Waylon Smithers.
Bruce is revealed to be 52 in "Underage Peter", having told Jeffrey that he was 39.
- FG103 "Chitty Chitty Death Bang"
- FG207 "The King Is Dead" (cameo)
- FG309 "Mr. Saturday Knight"
- FG405 "The Cleveland-Loretta Quagmire"
- FG411 "Peter's Got Woods"
- FG419 "Brian Sings and Swings"
- FG423 "Deep Throats"
- FG425 "You May Now Kiss the...Uh...Guy Who Receives"
- FG426 "Petergeist"
- FG427 "Untitled Griffin Family History" (as ancestor Tobi)
- FG508 "Barely Legal"
- FG510 "Peter's Two Dads"
- FG515 "Boys Do Cry"
- FG516 "No Chris Left Behind"
- FG601 Blue Harvest (as Greedo)
- FG604 "Stewie Kills Lois"
- FG605 "Lois Kills Stewie"
- FG608 "McStroke"
- FG704 "Baby Not On Board"
- FG706 "Tales of a Third Grade Nothing"
- FG709 "The Juice Is Loose"
- FG710 "FOX-y Lady"
- FG714 "We Love You, Conrad" (DVD only)
- FG801 "Road to the Multiverse"
- FG808 "Dog Gone"
- FG812 "Extra Large Medium"
- FG813 "Go, Stewie, Go!"
- FG819 "The Splendid Source"
- FG820 Something, Something, Something, Dark Side (as Captain/Admiral Piett)
- FG905 "Baby, You Knock Me Out"
- FG907 "Road to the North Pole"
- FG909 "New Kidney in Town" (mentioned)
- FG911 "Friends of Peter G"
- FG913 "Trading Places"
- FG1001 "Lottery Fever"
- FG1012 "Livin' on a Prayer"
- FG1017 "Forget-Me-Not"
- FG1018 "You Can't Do That On Television, Peter"
- FG1021 "Tea Peter"
- FG1022 "Family Guy Viewer Mail No. 2"
- FG1102 "Ratings Guy"
- FG1108 "Jesus, Mary & Joseph" (as the Angel of the Lord)
- FG1112 "Valentine's Day in Quahog"
- FG1116 "12 and a Half Angry Men"
- FG1119 "Save the Clam"
- FG1201 "Finders Keepers"
- FG1210 "Grimm Job" (in fairy tale)
- FG1220 "He's Bla-ack!"
- FG1221 "Chap Stewie"
- FG1301 "The Simpsons Guy"
- FG1316 "Roasted Guy"
- FG1403 "Guy, Robot"
- FG1414 "Underage Peter"