- Publisher: Blackwell Pub.Ltd,2007, (January 1, 2007)
- ASIN: B002WMYGMM
by J. Jeremy Wisnewski (Editor)
Family Guy and Philosophy brings together low-brow, potty-mouthed, cartoon humor and high-brow philosophical reflection to deliver an outrageously hilarious and clever exploration of one of TV’s most unrelenting families. Ok, it’s not that high-brow.
- A sharp, witty and absurd exploration of one of television’s most unrelenting families, the stars of one of the biggest-selling TV series ever on DVD, now in its fourth season
- Tackles the perennial positions of Family Guy at the same time as contemplating poignant philosophical issues
- Takes an introspective look at what this show can teach us about ethics, ego, religion, death, and of course, time-travel
- Considers whether Family Guy is really a vehicle for conservative politics, and whether we should be offended by the show, as well as diving into the philosophy of the cast