Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sample jambalaya recipe
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups water
- 8 ounces shrimp, canned and drained small shrimp or coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cooked medium shrimp
Preparation: Brown chicken pieces in hot vegetable oil over medium heat. Remove chicken from oil. Drain off all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook bell pepper, onion, garlic, and rice over low heat, stirring often, until tender. Add seasonings, water, and chicken. Bring mixture to a boil; cover and cook over low heat for 25 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove cover and fluff rice. Stir in shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes longer, until heated through.
Jambalaya recipe serves 6.