Fandom

Family Guy Wiki

NBC

5,800pages on
this wiki
Add New Page
Talk0 Share

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.

NBC

The National Broadcasting Company (NBC) is an American television network headquartered in the GE Building in New York City's Rockefeller Center. It is sometimes referred to as the Peacock Network due to its stylized peacock logo.

Formed in 1926 by the Radio Corporation of America (RCA), NBC was the first major broadcast network in the United States. In 1986, control of NBC passed to General Electric (GE), with GE's $6.4 billion purchase of RCA. After the acquisition, the chief executive of NBC was Bob Wright, until he retired, giving his job to Jeff Zucker. In February 2011, Zucker was replaced by Steve Burke after Comcast completed its accquision of NBCUniversal from GE. The company is now 51% owned by Comcast, with the remaining 49% by GE.

NBC is available in an estimated 112 million households, or 98.6% of the country. NBC has 10 owned-and-operated stations and nearly 200 affiliates in the United States and its territories.

In "If I'm Dyin', I'm Lyin'", they cancel and revive Gumbel 2 Gumbel Beach Justice on behalf of Chris and Peter Griffin. Network executives are also seen pitching "new" program ideas. However, when one executive suggests they try to come up with some original shows rather than the same themes they've used before he's beaten senseless with a framed poster of Just Shoot Me. They also created a new day, Katilsday, just so they have another opportunity to air Dateline.

The NBC Studios appear in "Don't Make Me Over" when Meg and the Griffins appear on Saturday Night Live.

In "I Take Thee Quagmire", Death met with NBC executives about the status of Joey before being assigned to Glenn Quagmire, not knowing his funeral was staged.

Brian and Stewie refer to NBC shows Scrubs and Seinfeld in the Emmy performance "You Can Find It on TV".

Many past and present NBC shows have been aired on the Griffin television and/or been parodied.

Also on Fandom

Random Wiki