|From the episode:||The Finer Strings|
"The Yankee Doodle Boy", also well known as "(I'm a) Yankee Doodle Dandy" is a song from the Broadway musical Little Johnny Jones, written by George M. Cohan.
In "The Finer Strings", Peter explains to Brian during a high school talent show that Meg performs in that in his day, the acts had to have more than a single element. A flashback shows that he not only sang and danced, but gave the weight of babies tossed onto the stage.
- I'm a Yankee Doodle dandy
- Eight pounds!
- I'm a Yankee Doodle, do or die
- Twelve-point-nine, a big one.
- A real-live nephew of my Uncle Sam
- Born on the fourth of July
- Three pounds? Someone couldn't wait to be here.
- [Peter and the babies tap dance the finish]